Precise contacting on Printed Circuits Boards or Wafers
Micropositioners | Probe Positioners | Manipulators | Micromanipulators
The task of picking-up (mostly) electrical signals from a circuitry and taking it safely to an instrument for analysis and visualization is best done with the aid of a fine-mechanical implement for precise positioning and maintaining of the contact.
Applications for such implements can be found in the testing of modern PCBs as well as R&D of circuits on semiconductor wafers. If you happen to have a steady hand it may be (just about) feasible to place a solitary probe on some common place of an electronic circuit board. Due to the smaller scale of circuits on-wafer it is not only advisable but a necessity to contact with the aid of a mechanical positioner.
In the industry such accessories are called :
- Manipulators or sometimes
We will call them Micropositioners.
They can be categorized as follows:
- Cost-effective Micropositioners for everyday tasks in waferprobing as well as electronics
- Mid-Range Micropositioners offering precision and versatility
- High performance Micropositioners for highest precision in demanding on-wafer applications
- RF and uW Micropositioner are used in specialized applications with co-planar probes
Do you have more questions concerning micropositioners?
Please contact us...
Tel.: +49 (0) 7031 / 41 00 89-0